Image Map

Friday, October 2, 2015

favorite finds: theSkimm

Welcome to my Favorite Finds series!  On Fridays, I will post and share the things that I have discovered--either on my own or from someone sharing it with me--and that I absolutely LOVE.  I'll explain what it is and why I love it so much.  It will always be something that is relatively new to me and my life, but not so new that I can't give you an accurate review of it.

Now on to my first Favorite Find!



What is it?  theSkimm is a daily e-mail newsletter that delivers the news, national and international, in an abbreviated format.  Whatever is the biggest news that day is what you will read about.

How often do you get the email?  Every week day.  Unless it's a holiday.  And it comes first thing in the morning, so more often than not, it's the first thing I read.

How did you find out about it?  A woman that I had crossed paths with professionally recommended it to me.

What's your favorite part of theSkimm?  I have two, actually.  I like that it ties in certain pop culture references and the lingo of today's youth.  And I like actually having the news delivered right to my inbox.  I'm much more informed about the goings-on in my country and my world.

How can I get theSkimm?  Click the picture above and subscribe.  It's as easy as pie.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Honestly, it's probably one of the best things I have ever subscribed to.  I look forward to getting it and reading yesterday's news.  It takes minutes to get caught up on what went on in the world the day before.  My only complaint is that it is a little more liberal than I would like, but I can overlook that to get to the facts.  I highly recommend it to any and everyone!


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment