Image Map

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Where to begin...

To me, the first post is always the hardest.  "What do I say?  Where should I start?"

So let me jump right in!

I've decided on posting a few of my favorite things in my life right now.  I hope that's okay with you...


First, my wonderful boyfriend (who I'll refer to as G here).  We've been together for almost a year.  Actually, there are ten days left until our anniversary!!!  You could say that I'm excited...  But he really means the world to me.  G came into my life at a time when I needed him the most (even though I didn't know it at the time), and he has never left my side.  He pushes me to grow in every aspect of my life, whether he knows it or not.  He is my cheerleader, my rock, my teddy bear, my shoulder to cry on, my confidant, and my best friend.  To say I love him is an understatement, because I don't think that there is a word for what I feel for him.


G blowing bubbles...he's really a kid at heart.
Second is my cat, Giraffe.  I got Giraffe almost a year and a half ago, and named him as a sort of joke.  He doesn't have the markings of a giraffe or anything like that, but the name suits him.  He's one of the biggest and longest cats I've ever owned, plus he's weird.  (I once found him sleeping in my bathroom sink.)  But he is the most lovable and cuddly cats around!  He's definitely my cuddle buddy when I'm away from G...which is almost every day.  He sleeps and eats and likes to attack my hands when I pet him, but he's rarely mean.  He's my favorite.


Giraffe just basking in the sunlight.
I have this random, strange obsession with the television show, Grey's Anatomy.  I don't know why, but it's something that I watch incessantly.  I think I'm on like Round 20 of watching it on Netflix.  It's a problem, really.  And I have no clue what draws me to it...maybe the drama, but maybe the medicine too.  All I know is that I cannot get enough of it.  Here's a clip of my favorite scene...thanks Youtube!




Lastly, I'd like to share my favorite Bible verse.  It's my life verse.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

It's just so encouraging to know that God has planned out my life and everything will turn out the way He planned it.  Even when bad things occur, I know that it is meant to help me to grow closer to Him.  This verse is just my beacon of hope in the storm called life.

So now you've gotten to know a little bit more about me and the things in my life.  I can't wait to continue this adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment